Thursday, May 5, 2011

Runnin', Runnin', Runnin'.

April kept us runnin'.




Runnin', runnin' runnin'...RU-NNIN'!



Just in case you didn't catch it, we did a lot of running in April.



Derby Day at the boys school is their version of the Jog-a-thon of my youth. You run laps and get pledges for each lap to help raise money for the school. Except, they get to run in a much prettier spot than I ever did.


Here's Matt... he hasn't told me yet how many laps he ran, but he's fast, so probably lots!




and Nolan... he ran 8 laps! The paperwork from the school said each lap was .6 miles, so he ran close to 5 miles! Go Nolie, Go!




And then we had the opportunity to particiapte in our first 5K. Matt and I ran this year, we'll see what the line-up is next year.


A beautiful event was organized in anticipation of our lovely temple to be completed early next year... look at the progress already! We are so EXCITED!!!



Matt did awesome! His time was 26:17.9 (out of 432 "runners" he was the to 74th cross the finish line!)


I didn't do too bad considering the farthest I've ever run was a mile. In high school. 'Cause I had to.

I will proudly post my time... 36:15.4

I'll try to improve it next time I run a 5K. Don't hold your breath on when that might be. I think I'm more of a walker, or sprinter if I must run... Still glad I did it, and if they make this annual, I will probably do it again.

(Interesting side note... in the time it took me to run this 5K - we are able to drive from our house to this new temple!)

Nolan got to participate in the kids mile run and did great, especially since he was wearing his old shoes, that had loose laces because lame parents that we are, we didn't anticipate him running or prepare accordingly... So cute!


Phil and Cody were the best cheerleaders and photographers ever!

And that completes the official runnings of Team Armadillo.

Now you're in the know.

2 comments:

Papasan said...

Run Forrest! Run!

Ooops, I mean Run Matthew, Run!
Run Nolan, Run!
Run Stephy, Run!!! 5K... WOW!!!

I guess being cooped up for most of the winter and not being able to get out and do things, such as running and jogging, really inspired you all to participate. But someone forgot to ask us to pledge.... Hmmmm I wonder who that was....Matt?

Brooke Kalene said...

I need to put a link to your blog on ours so that I read yours more often! There was lots I hadn't read. I love the cute picture of you and Phil from your anniversary!