DISCLAIMER: we are not old enough to have kids - let alone a 12 year old.
Matt woke up on his birthday to this...
...12 balloons (Patriots colors, of course) with notes attached to the bottom from different family members wishing him a happy birthday (thank you to all who sent a note... it really meant the world to him, he LOVED it!).
Matt's birthday fell on a Saturday (during his basketball season) this year, so he had a game. That is where he received one of his favorite presents of the year - A WIN! This may seem "nice" to many, but the poor kid had gone winless on his basketball teams for the past 2 and a half seasons. He hadn't been on team that won since 2009! Hooray for happy things!
Later that night, we had a small party with a few of his friends. First pizza, presents, brownies and ice cream and a Mizzou game...
Then bowling - til midnight! Here are the boys...
And Matt bowling - the socks are just.too.awesome.
The weekend ended with the Super Bowl - in which Matt's very favorite team the Patriots played this year. Apparently, we were only able to order up one win for his birthday, they unfortunately lost and subsequently saddened our dear birthday boy. But there's always next year when we will have - gulp - a teenager!
Happy birthday sweet Matthew. I cannot believe how fast 12 years have flown by. It may embarass you, but I still look at you every now and then and see my little baby or toddler. You are and will always be that little one to some part of my heart. I am amazed to watch the young man you are becoming, and can't wait to see all that you will grow to be. I love you and I am so, so thankful to have you as a forever part of our family. Love you for always!
0 comments:
Post a Comment