Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pinewood Derby 2008

So... last night was the Pinewood Derby. Matt's first, Pinewood Derby. It was really fun!

Matt and Phil had been working on the car for weeks together. And all that work paid off. At the end of the preliminary racing, Matt was 3rd in the standings (there were 18 or 19 boys overall)! Not bad for a first timer, huh? He made it to the finals where I'm not really sure what place he took (4th, 5th or 6th), but it doesn't really matter, he had a wonderful time.

We were really proud of him. He was right on top of where his car should be and when - and he was so cute, hopefull and excited about the whole night. He has been dreaming of competing in the Pinewood Derby since last year when he got to hang out and cheer on his buddy Drew. He is already looking forward to next year, and I must say... so am I.

Here are some pics of our night at the races...


The "Car" (yes, that's the Geico lizard... don't ask.)


The cutest little cub scout ever, watching the races.


The "Track" and the "Competition".



The standings after the preliminary races.


Phil making sure all was right with the placing of the cars.

Oh, BTW Nolan was an angel the whole night.
This is him entertaining himself with the flags...

Matt was so cute, whenever his car was racing he'd clasp his hands...

Matt placing his car during one of the final races.

After all the action, our happy scout and 1/3 of his fan club.















3 comments:

Jeppson Clan said...

Too fun! Your car looks fantastic! Great pictures!

Meggan said...

Oh dear, the pinewood derby. Something I was dreading when I found out I was pregnant with a boy. I've been proven wrong in everything else I thought, so I will trust you on the fact that it is fun. These boys and their cars...

Steph said...

Megg-
As into competition as you get, this is right up your alley. I can't wait to read about Dylan's first Pinewood Derby in 7 years...