Thursday, September 11, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...


Nolan's Orange flip-flops, seriously I cannot get enough of them! (are those not the cutest little feet?)

Freckles (especially these...)


(& these.)

(arrows added by me, my darling boys do not have arrows pointing out their freckles on their actual faces...Just an FYI)



Reading (here are a couple of my recent favorites)





This picture - by Paul Flinders

I *heart* it & would love it hanging in my front room someday!



Rain (especially the nice "warmish" rain we're getting right now)


& walks in the rain with Nolan (complete with umbrellas)

(& this artist - Sarah Jane)



Devil's Food Cake Mix Cookies (with various embelishments, so far we have added Reeses peanut butter chips, plain m 'n ms, sprinkles & regular chocolate chips, Snickers mini's (in the middle), and at Christmas - Candy Cane Kisses (on top) ) so simple, so delicious!



Nolan's constant use of the word "perhaps" - it so cracks me up! =)

"Perhaps when I go to school, I'll get Friday Freedom like Matt."

"Perhaps Jake (his stuffed cat) would like some food too."

"Perhaps we can build (insert star wars ship name here) out of legos!"

"Perhaps I'd like to be tucked-in now..."

This picture

by - Mark Holladay Lee

A clean house (which ours mostly is right now...)



When my Matt gets home from school & my Phil comes home from work.


Veggie Tales - "Silly Songs"
I truly think whoever writes this stuff is a lyrical genius!
Phil and I spent probably an hour one night "You Tubing" these.
This is my current fave - warning this song WILL get stuck in your head.
And this one is just classic.


Feel free to enjoy with me, or not...

3 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

Steph, you are such an endearing person! That is a great list of favorites. "Perhaps" I shall think of looking at more works by those artists and getting those good reads...

The rain would be on my list too.

and Devils Food Cake cookies are good with an Andes mint melted on top.

Julia said...

I Loved the Monkey song! I'm a veggie tales person, but for some reason I'd never heard that one. Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

OK, Shelby - you know I now am going to go out and buy some andes mints this weekend. That sounds super yum! Thanks! =)