Friday, August 29, 2008

End of Summer

In an attempt to "culturize" our adventures, I have composed a haiku...


Summer is gone now
Treasured memories safe there
Good-bye is so sad

This summer was grand
California - awesome
Friends, family, fun

"Home" entertained too
Movies, library, pool time
Water balloon fights
-
Summer is over
Cool weather is creeping in
School time, next - autumn


And to go with my awesomely, awesome haiku... some pictures...



First day of summer





Last day of summer (playing in the sprinkler with are our darling neighbors Chloe & Hudson)


Matt on the first day of school (the before shot...)



Farewell summer, until next year.

2 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

Love your haiku-so creative. :)

As fun as summer is, a redeeming fact to the nearing end is that autumn is next! It's MY favorite season.

Meredith said...

I'm so glad that summer is making its way out...I'm SOOOOO ready for fall! :)