Monday, August 24, 2009

School


Well, it happened.

School started again. The summer has ended. I lost my sweet, funny wonderful Matt. Again. To 4th grade. Where did the time go?

(Matt, getting ready to leave for Meet Your Teacher Night)


And, as if having Matt go back wasn't bad enough... my little Nolan started school too. ALL DAY KINDERGARTEN school.

(Nolan, getting ready to leave for Meet Your Teacher Night)

I miss him so, so badly...


(Meet Your Teacher Night)

I miss playing "lumps" on clean sheet day.
I miss holding his hand as we cross the parking lot on grocery shopping day.

I miss his constant story telling.
I miss his toys all over the floor. (I know who'd a thunk it...)
I miss his random hugs & "I love you!"s
I miss seeing his adorable face any time I want.
I miss our lunches together.
I miss him "helping" me with whatever I'm doing each day.
I miss having to check out the Lego aisle every time we go to Target.
I miss my buddy.




(Getting ready to leave for Kindergarten Transition Day)

But isn't he so cute with his ginormous backpack (and handy-dandy lunch box...)



(Nolan coming out of school after Kindergarten Transistion Day)



He is having fun - and learning new things - and discovering his independence. He is getting to share his little light with lots of other people now. I guess I should have known better than to think I could keep him to myself forever...

I hope the teachers at the school realize how lucky they are... They have my babies - my most valuable treasures.

(first day of school)

Here's to a great school year Matt & Nolan! I hope you love every second and learn all you can. (And may Christmas, Spring Break and Summer Vacation come in rapid succession...)

I love you my sweet boys!

7 comments:

Daydreams and Reality said...

Steph, I almost cried. It's sad, yet wonderful to see our children grow up! However, enjoy your time at home...alone for a few days!!!

Becca said...

I love your boys too. I'm glad you are having another one. :)

Apples and Bananas said...

I did cry! I can tell you are an awesome mommy, your boys are very lucky!
Mia Elbert

Mike and Shelby said...

You are just the most adorable mom! I love how tangible your love is when you write about your boys! (ALL DAY kindergarten!?! That is what I taught and it is a long day for those little guys!)

..but soon your days will be filled with busy tasks again taking care of new baby! :)

Melinda said...

I LOVE the pics!! How cute are your boys?? SUPER CUTE!! I would miss them too. They are great boys....you are very lucky!! How can anyone not love these boys? And Cody will be pretty awesome too.

Jeppson Clan said...

you have the cutest kids, seriously. can't wait to meet mr. cody dunn. i'd say 3 boys is pretty much perfection. i guess i'm a little biased though. i'm sure girls would be great too, i'll just never know! :)

Whitneys said...

Amen Steph! I feel the same about Cole. He's been the only one home with me for the last 5 or so years since Austin started kindergarten. I miss all of those same things!!! I didn't realize it until the first day he was gone all day. Sigh.... But, I am really enjoying it at the same time. Can't think of a better school to send them away to than LFE! GO STALLIONS!!