For a year end project, the 4th graders at the boys' school do a "wax museum". They each research (an assigned famous person), write a speech, make a timeline, get together a costume, practice (about 1 million times), and present their speeches (in full costume) 3 different times - To their class, to the rest of the school, and to their families on a special night.
Matt did all of this. He did a wonderful job as Satchel Paige. Hard work, great activity. Have I mentioned how much I love their school?!?
Here are some pics of Matt & other classmates, and finally Matt performing his speech.

Matt as Satchel Paige
A good friend of Matt's - he's Mark Twain
Another of Matt's good friends was also Satchel Paige (they are in different classes)
Harry S. Truman
Meriwether Lewis (of Lewis & Clark)

1 comments:
Such a fabulous activity! No wonder you love their school! You couldn't hear me, but I clapped after listening to Matt's well-done speech! (And how great that he got to research a baseball player...must have made it a little more fun)
Post a Comment