I cannot believe the boys only have about 12 school days left!
Lots of year end activities going on & this was a BIG one!
It was the end of year concert for all the students playing strings. Keep in mind, this was held at the high school Matt will one day attend, and all these kids are 4th - 8th graders from ONLY the feeder schools to this high school (our city has 3 high schools total...) + the high school orchestra. Each grade level played and the finale was the high school orchestra (Awe - some!)

Each grade level played a few songs, staring with the 4th graders and working their way up. It's fun to see the skill increase with each year, I can't wait to hear Matt's improvement as the years go by...



I included a recording of the first of 3 selections the 4th graders played (sorry it's sideways, someday I'll remember our camera can't do that!). It is pretty darn impressive (to me anyway) how much they've learned in 8ish months, in "group lessons" and how great they sound together! They all practiced together for the first time earlier that day.
Anyhow, we are so proud of our darling, wonderful, sweet, talented (10 year old?!? - still having trouble with that one...) Matt.
1 comments:
I AM impressed! Especially with the sheer number of kids playing! And look at all those boys encouraging their musical talent! Be still, my heart!
Post a Comment