OK, I REALLY can't believe I have a 12 year old, and and 8 year old (and an almost 3 year old, but we won't talk about that one... =?)!
Nolan turned 8! And to celebrate we had a Ninjago (Ninja/legos) party. So fun!
The Dojo
Ninja cupcakes! (thank you Pinterest!)
We had some very sweet friends (that also happen to be black belts in Tae Kwon Do...) come and teach the kids a few moves.
Intense focus abounded...
then we had a training course where they got to use the skills they learned,
Throwing ninja stars...
...balance...
...practicing the kicks we learned...
...and showing your best ninja pose...
after which they each received their ninja sword and headband.
The kids were so great, they were VERY into the whole ninja thing (several even came dressed for the occassion)! Nolan said it was the best party ever, so I guess we'll call it a success. Happy Birthday Nolie - I mean Ninja Nolie!
Just remember... you never saw this post...
3 comments:
first comment is off subject, your house is so clean. how do you do it?
second, what a great party idea! way to go mom. you can also probably leap over small buildings in a single bound.
It's all an illusion... I think it looks clean 'cause we moved everything out so the kids could "ninja". ;)
I love it all! It looks like it was so much fun! Genius ideas, all of it! Great job. Love you guys!
Anna
Post a Comment