Last night for family night we read a few stories, sang a few songs and made this...
Chocolate Mug Cake
1 Coffee mug
4 Tbsp flour (NOT self-rising)
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp oil
small splash of vanilla
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk & oil and mix well.
Add vanilla and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little and tip onto a plate if desired.
Here are a few pictures Phil took of the boys & I anxiously awaiting our cake (they are also, I think, evidence of why I should be in as few pictures as possible...)
3 more minutes 'til the cake comes out, hey!
What we saw...
Amazing!!!
The cake was really fun to make with the kids. It was kind of bland, but we just added some chocolate syrup and it was fine - also, the consistency was a little odd.
The verdict - worth trying, a fun family activity, a novelty & edible, but I wouldn't serve it to anyone I was trying to impress with my culinary prowess...




6 comments:
I love the pictures! The cake looks really good too! I'll have to try it sometime. (...what happened to Nolan's lip?)
That sounds like a cool scientific situation !! Chocolate syrup make everything taste better !!!
That looks like something my boys would LOVE to try. Thanks!
just what i need, something quick and easy and chocolatey. i wonder how chocolate chips on top would fare???
What a fun little family activity. We're definately going to have to try it. The pictures made me smile.
Hey Steph- We tried these a while back and thought the same thing. Fun to do once, but not tasty enough to do again. I usually love to try to make recipes better but don't even want to mess with this one. Who comes up with this stuff?
Post a Comment