Friday, March 6, 2009

Couldn't Resist...

Matt's birthday was a little over a month ago, I meant to post this sooner, but didn't get to it 'til now. I had him write thank yous as a Sunday activity... I just gave him a list of who he needed to write to and what they had given him & turned him loose. I was trying to take a nap, which is hard to do when your kids keep talking to you. That by the way is not in any way a complaint - it makes me giggle inside because the things they'll come tell me are so random! Anyway, back to the story...


So, he went off to his room and diligently wrote away. The next morning I went in his room, and there was the stack of thank yous, so, I picked them up and began reading. I picked them up in just the right order apparently, because they got funnier and funnier as I read... So here's where the "I couldn't resist" part comes in, I scanned them all (something is lost in the translation if you don't read them in his handwriting) and am sharing them here. It is just so fun to get a glimpse into the head of a nine year old boy.

Anyhow, here they are - in the order I read them. Enjoy! =)


Have I mentioned I love this kid?!?

4 comments:

Elder Seth Jenkins said...

p.s.s. Matt you are good looking. :)
Great letters, probably the best in the entire galaxy.
Thanks for sharing!

Mike and Shelby said...

Seriously! There are tears in my eyes...both from laughter and being touched!

...my mom taught me early on how to write thanks yous (and I have taught many YW activities on it and even taught it to my kindergarteners each year)

1 You always specifically mention the gift.

2. Say why you liked it (if it is $, say what you plan to do with it)

3. Then say something nice about their sentiments/thoughtfulness.

This kid NAILED it! And without any help too! I am impressed!

Simply adorable...thank you for sharing!

Jessica said...

Loved the letters! Matthew is so sweet and hilarious!

Becca said...

lol! I love the letters, love the kid, love that he asked Grandpa to not call him and correct his spelling mistakes. And yes-oh-my, I agree he is one good looking boy! Can I take him home with me, please??