Tuesday, September 15, 2009

In Other News...

Matt is going to play the cello!


We, very fortunately, still have an amazing school music program where we live. In 4th grade, the kids can begin taking strings... Matt decided he wanted to give it a try, and we all decided the cello would be really cool. We are renting one from a local string shop, and basically, he is getting cello lessons 4 times a week (1/2 hour Mon-Thur) for $33 a month. Not too shabby!

Anyhow, this is after the first day of "class". He was so excited to show us what he learned.

I apologize for the video being sideways, but I couldn't resist.

Nolan is just too funny! (he thought I was taking pictures - and didn't know I was actually shooting video).


Can't wait to hear more, Matt! =)

4 comments:

Papasan said...

Very Cool Matt! You could be the next Yo-Yo Ma or Pablo Casals if you practice hard and keep to it!

You should learn how to play soft lullabys for Cody and your mom. I'm sure that they would love to hear them.

Melinda said...

How fun!! Nolan is quite the character in the background there!! Good Job Matt!! I'm impressed! Keep at it.

Mike and Shelby said...

woo hoo! Here's to the cello! That is one large instrument :) and so exciting to think of all the beautiful music he will make with it!

Annastasha said...

That's sooo awesome!!! Keep it going Matt! love you guys!