Saturday, September 5, 2009

Updates

So, aside from Cody & I... EVERYONE is sick at our house. Nolan only made it to school once last week & Matt twice. It's this horrible fever/sore throat/body aches/cough thing that they just can't seem to kick.

It is nerve wracking bringing a new baby home to that - Cody & I have pretty much taken up residence in the master bedroom with the door shut - basically quarantined - in an attempt to keep him well. I know it may not sound so bad, but there is a whole list of problems...

1. my poor, sick Phil is sleeping on the floor, in a sleeping bag, in Nolan's room
2. my sweet mother in law who came a very long way to be here for Cody's arrival has yet to hold her newest grandson
3. my sweet older boys are sick, and I'm not the one taking care of them (sniff)
4. my family is not getting to spend happy new baby time together - bonding
5. the big boys have only gotten to hold their little brother once since he arrived in this world
6. Cody hasn't seen (or heard) his Daddy in 2 days
7. I am lonely and desperately need lots of hugs and cuddles, but have to keep myself germ free

on the plus side I'm getting plenty of rest and time with Cody...

I just hope everyone gets better soon!

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Steph, first of all, he is DARLING. Isn't it just such a miracle to be a mom??

I'm so, so sorry. I can't imagine how awful that must be not to have all of your boys surrounding you! Okay, I don't want to worry you, but have they been tested for the swine flu? I'm sure it's not that, but just to be safe?

Hang in there! I'm so glad your MIL is there to help!!

Congrats on another darling baby boy!

Papasan said...

While its not as good as being there, I am sending you a big hug and pray that you and Cody don't get sick, and that the others get well soon.

Love the extra pictures you posted above.

Carie said...

I am so sorry you are all sick. There is definitely something going around (we have been infected too. - every kid has taken a turn and I am hoping to have one so they can all take care of me.)

Cody is darling. Congratulations, I hope everyone starts feeling better very soon.

Melinda said...

Steph....I'm so sorry!! I wish there was a way I could help. If you come up with anything, let me know. Enjoy your time with Cody.....and I hope the rest of the fam gets to enjoy him soon as well.