Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Emergency Room Visit #4

So.......

We were at our friends' home Friday night, the boys were running around having fun, we were playing games and eating junk food, when we hear some yelling coming from the basement.
It was Nolan yelling, so we thought, uh-oh, Nolan's hurt...

Phil runs down there, and yells back up, "Steph, Matt cut his head!" What? Matt? He was the biggest kid there (Nolan was the next oldest...) How on earth & what on earth... So I meet them at the top of the stairs, expecting a smallish scrape, nope, he has a gash on the top of his head, blood everywhere (owing to the fact it was a head wound...).

We, quickly packed up and headed to the hospital. By the time we were finally there, the cut had pretty much stopped bleeding on it's own, and we were able to get a better look at it. It wasn't bad, but obviously, we decided we still needed to have a doctor check it out. Turns out, it wasn't bad, a little glue and we were on our way.

So, Sunday, we were finally able to piece what we think happened back together. The kids were playing in the basement on a slide (yeah, they have a slide in their basement, and not a little one, it's probably about 5 feet high, how cool is that?), Matt was sliding down & Nolan decided to send down a wooden toy toolbox after him. It hit Matt on the head, and well, you know the rest... Crazy kids!

I must say though, as ER visits go this was the least traumatic one yet, but I'm not in a hurry to go back any time soon. Oh, and Matt is fine...

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Those crazy boys! I told my doctor that I need a home supply of Dermabond. How great would that be? Save time, save money just fix 'em up myself. He wouldn't go for it.

Steph said...

That would be awesome. and you are a nurse...

Melinda said...

At least it was only a minor injury...right? It could have been worse.....

I'm glad he is okay. Try superglue next time! :)

Jeppson Clan said...

Oh my! I'm glad that Matt is ok. It's a funny story though. Of course a 3 year old would think it's a good idea to roll a toy down a large slide. Why wouldn't it be?