Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Team Armadillo & the Glorious Weekend

So, this weekend was a-mazing! We were in the high 60s Saturday and somewhere in the 60s Sunday too... I am SO ready for spring! Anyway, we had a very busy Saturday doing nothing in particular, but I thought I'd make a list anyway...


We started the day with a "Daddy-made" pancake breakfast.


We went and retrieved our poor little Civic from the dealership and Phil did some minor repairs on it... (the dealership was going to charge us $300... we got the parts for about $70 and Phil did the work in about an hour... I'm so thankful for a car savy hubby! =) )


The boys and I played outside while Daddy worked on the car a little more and patched some drywall in the garage (a lingering to do from our minor roof leak...)



Playing outside entailed...


  • Matt and I riding our bikes around the "block"

  • Nolan and I taking a "Waffle-pancake" walk around the block (the manhole covers have a grid on them & he decided to call them "waffle-pancakes" we had to step on every one we saw...)

  • Nolan digging in the dirt

  • Matt playing "tennis"

  • A few rounds of Bocce (in which Matt kicked my tail repeatedly...)

(The object is to get your balls the closest to the small orange one,
Matt was blue, I was red.)




  • Light saber battles


  • General running around and merriment

and of course...

  • Shooting some hoops



We then went out to lunch at "On the Border" (the only decent mexican restaraunt we've found yet in Missouri... so depressing!) But their food is good and the chips and salsa are yum-my!



We then walked (yes, outside!) from the restaraunt to Kohl's, to Lowe's, to Target (they are all in the same shopping center, but a little spread out.), and back again.



Then we came home and played outside some more. This time with some of the neighbors (whom we haven't seen in probably 4 months... I seriously had to think to remember some of the kids names...)
-


Then the "boys" washed the Civic... (I was the official paper towel hander outer.)



Finally, dinner, showers, storytime and bed at 7pm! I know, so early, but man we ran those kids ragged!




Sunday, was the norm, church and a nice quiet day at home.



I know it may not sound like much to everyone else, but


I LOVED THIS WEEKEND!


It was so great to wear SHORT SLEEVES,


be outside ALL DAY & spend time with "my boys"!




And then Monday - back to the 30's...

1 comments:

Meredith said...

This weekend was pretty amazing! I can't wait for spring, either! I'm so glad you had a fun-filled, and productive, day!!!