Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sally Kay...

This is my baby sister Sally.






She turned 16 on March 21. I cannot believe she is 16 years old! Old enough to date, old enough to drive... CRAZY! I so clearly remember holding her when she was a new little baby in the hospital and crying because I loved her so much and she was so beautiful! I also remember falling asleep with her on my chest when she came home... (I was a TOTAL baby hog!!!)



I am 16 years older than Sally (please DON'T do the math...). So, although I've always loved her, and I know she's always loved me, I'm not sure our relationship was as close as it could have been (she was 7 when I got married... and 13 when we moved here.). But last summer, she and my Dad and Uncle came to visit us. It was so great! I got to know my little sister so much better than I ever have and I loved it. I am glad to say, I feel so, so close to her now, and I am amazed at the girl she is and the young lady she is becoming.



So, I thought in honor of her 16th birthday,
I would list 16 words that describe Sally...



Sweet, Beautiful, Kind, Thoughtful, Loving, Considerate, Honorable, Fun, Friendly, Smart, Responsible, Talented, Outgoing, Silly, Exemplary & Compassionate.



Happy Birthday Sally!!!

I love you forever little sis'.

0 comments: