Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother's Day (a LOT late...)

So, I had a pretty interesting Mother's Day. Nolan was sick, so Phil stayed home with him so I could go to church and collect Youth Conference forms... Yipee! For some reason, I was really grumpy that day, and ended up crying through most of the talks at church, not because they were touching my "mommy heart", but because I was feeling like a total sham and failure as a mom (and in general...). Not a great feeling to have on Mother's Day. Anyhow, when I got home, things totally turned around. Phil had picked up the whole downstairs, washed all the dishes, made me a heart shaped cake that said "we love you" and put a big bunch of beautiful flowers in a vase for me. How could I not smile and feel waaaaaaaaaaaaay better?


Then after a quick and yummy Linner
(yes I typed Linner... it's what you call a meal at 3:30pm...) of Chili Dogs, potato salad and chips... I got this!

Yes it is as delectable as it looks! And yes, my Mother's Day ended much better than it began. (How could it not?)
Oh, and just so you understand... Phil made the little cakes, and formed the ice cream patties and had them sitting in the freezer ready for this gooey concoction... I was totally impressed with all the thought and effort, and did I mention it was delicious?


I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all you amazing Mom's I know a belated Mother's Day. Since we never get a day off, and are Mommies 'til we die (...and beyond),
I don't feel to bad wishing you a happy day and telling you you're great, you should hear it often! So just consider this a continuation of thankfulness for the examples you are and the sacrifices you make to be the wonderful Moms you are!


Love ya'!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Steph, that is so sweet. Phil did a great job of taking care of you on Mother's day! And, don't worry, we all have crummy days like that. I was remind myself that I am never going to be the perfect mom, all I can do is my best. Somedays, it's not much to brag about. ;-)

Jeppson Clan said...

OK, I am so glad you posted this. I spent a lot of time that Sunday in the bathroom (not a very private place) crying and also in an empty classroom. Just one of those difficult days, that happened to fall on Mother's Day. I think my kids thought it was opposite day.
I'm so glad your day got better.
You are an amazing person and I had fun talking to you at the pool today!