Friday, May 2, 2008

Our First Tornado Adventure...

Well, we've been here 2 1/2 years, had several severe thunderstorms and watched tornado producing storms split and either go North or South of us, but last night was the first time we heard Tornado sirens and headed for the basement.

It was really no big deal... the boys were fine. Nolan wanted to play golf. (In the winter months I sometimes let Matt play in the basement with his putting machine, so there was a putter and a ball down there - I'm sure Papa Dale is grinning about that one...) Phil brought his laptop down and we watched the live weather cast online.

There were several funny quotes gleaned from the evening. Matt kept saying "Ah, the adventures of Team Armadillo!" Asked me if the Playstation would be OK. Was relieved "At least we still have our Christmas stuff," we store it in the basement... "& can celebrate Christmas!" And when it was all over asked... "Are we still alive? I thought this was Heaven." I told him, "I sure hope Heaven is a lot nicer than a dirty old basement..." Funny kid.

We waited until the Tornado warning expired and then headed back upstairs and tucked the boys in again. Then Phil and I stayed up and watched the incredible storm that unfolded. It was CRAZY. There were winds reported at 70MPH... tons of rain, and wild lightning and thunder. It all subsided around 2:30 AM and Phil and I were finally able to go to bed. The boys - slept through it.

Ah, the adventures of Team Armadillo.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Steph, that is so scary! I'm sure you were totally prepared though, that helps with the anxiety, huh?

Meggan said...

Scary!!!!!!! But fun too right?