I HATE ironing... there is a whole silly reason why, which I won't bore anyone with here, but basically, it is my least favorite "clean" hosehold chore.
Phil leaves for Boston on Sunday for a few days - a conference of some type... and needs to have more formal work clothes than he normally wears (jeans or shorts and polo shirts...), so I had to iron to help him get ready for that...
Here is the before picture of my Ironing Basket... scary.

I really shouldn't complain too much, I had this great view while I was ironing.

Look! It's ALL done, I can't remember the last time the basket was totally EMPTY! WOO HOO!


Just so you know - That was 24 "big" shirts, 7 "little" shirts & 1 pair of pants.
At the end I was left with this...

And 7 unmatched socks - where do those darn socks go?
Seriously, how boring is my life... I'm blogging about ironing - sheesh!
But I'm not really complaining about boring, I'll take boring...
4 comments:
I HATE IRONING!!! AND HER STUPID BIG SISTER LAUNDRY. someday i am going to have everything done professionally. and then i will only complain about having to go pick it up. but at that point i'll just have my maid do it, right?
you know, I don't get the whole ironing basket thing. My mom always had an ironing basket growing up. I remember it used to get so piled up that she'd rent movies to iron to. (Dirty Dancing was a favorite) Then one day my sister asked her, "Why do you iron it before you put it away?" That was the last of it. Ever since, the clothes got washed and folded or hung up and we just ironed it ourselves before we put it on in the morning.
I carried on the second tradition now with my family. Mike was used to ironing his own shirts anyway, and only the girls Sunday dresses really need it. So, NO IRONING BASKET FOR ME...it's one chore I've boycotted!
I hate ironing so much I only buy wrinkle free shirts for Andy and get all the clothes out of the dryer promptly when done. Great job though.
Downey Wrinkle Release works awesome too. I dry things for 10 minutes, then pull them out damp, shake em and hang em. If they need extra attention The Downey Wrinkle Release spray comes out. Irons are always a last resort.
Oh and for ribbons and ties on dresses, I use my flat iron.
Can you tell I don't like ironing either? :)
Post a Comment