I am up way too late cruising online for stuff for Cody...
First strollers/travel systems - I like these... (they all have issues)

Pros -
Carseats are #1 rated in safety & love the colors
Cons -
We haven't seen ot tried out either of these (both Chicco) & they are the most expensive
Pros -
Least expensive, the stroller only weighs 19lbs & I really like the colors
Cons -
Haven't tried this particular Graco to see how easy it is to fold down & customer ratings said that the adjustability on the stroller seat back is poor
Pros -
We did try a similar stroller out and it was our favorite of the ones we tried & this carseat (Graco) also earns high marks in safety
Cons -
I'm not totally sold on the colors - I like the carseat, but the stroller has an awful lot of that bright blue...
However, this is probably the one we'll end up with.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Baby Stuff
Second - bumper pads... can't find any I like, so I'm seriously thinking of sewing my own (is that crazy?) I've decided that I want to do surf stuff in Cody's room (I know given where we live - 3 days from anywhere you could possibly surf - this might seem a little odd, but it's what I really want!). Anyhow, I've been cruising hawaiian fabric places & these are my favorites... (in order of my favorites & unfortunately also highest to lowest price...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Stephanie,
Don't forget to check out craigslist here in O.C. for bumper pads. The hawaiin theme isn't as popular here anymore, and you might be able to find a great Pottery Barn one at a great price. And no sewing is involved. :)
Great fabric choices though. i like them!
have fun shopping, no matter what you decide.
miss you tons here.
I have been checking out car seats for my sister (we are buying her one for her baby due in August). Between the Chicco Keyfit 30 and the Graco SnugRide 32, we liked the Chicco better. It is lighter and the latch hooks are easier to use.
The Chicco fits babies unto 30 lbs and 30 inches; the Graco up to 32 lbs and 32 inches (the reason why it is heavier). The regular Chicco Keyfits and Graco SnugRides fit up to 22 lbs and 29 inches, something to keep in mind when you select.
We bought Adam a regular Graco SnugRide last year (they didn't have the 32 or KeyFit 30s) and we love it, though he probably will grow out of it before he is a year old. I'll put him in a rear-facing convertible seat (fyi, the latest AAP recommendation is rear-facing until 2 years old http://aapnews.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/30/4/12-a), but I'll miss the convenience of the infant seat (James would not nap at church once he out grew his infant seat.)
The cheapest place I found to get the Chicco Keyfit 30 is on Diapers.com. The car seat only was about $150 with free shipping, plus an additional 10% off with code if it is your first non-diapers order. I haven't checked their prices on travel systems.
We have a Chicco stroller (different & simpler model than ones shown on your post; ours doesn't have a tray and does not support an infant seat) and we LOVE it. Ours folds up and sets up super easy, and the handles are at a much more comfortable and higher height than the other strollers we looked at. We bought it for James two years ago for about $70-$80 at Babies "R" Us.
About the fabrics: the 2nd and 3rd are my favorites. What color are his bedroom walls?
Shopping for babies is so fun!
Steph.....you know which strolller/car seat I like....but I think all of your choices are great. Let me know which one you decide on. (I am still trying to convince Seth about the one I want....it isn't going as well.....) Fabric: I agree with checking Craig's list...you might find something, but I personally like your 2 and 4th choices.....let me know what you do, and if you need some help. How fun!!
Post a Comment