Monday, February 25, 2008

Hallmark Rocks!

So my Dad's birthday was earlier this month & I let Nolan help pick out his birthday card. He decided on one of the Hallmark music playing cards that played the Star Wars theme song. (OH, just in case you didn't know, my kids are majorly into Star Wars right now... don't know where it comes from, while both Phil and I enjoy the series, we'd be fine to just watch it maybe once every few years...)

Anyhoo... he carried it around with him everywhere, it made several trips to Target, he took it to bed with him at night and played with it everyday for a week. I was finally able to pick it up and mail it off when he wasn't watching, but later that day, he asked where it was, and well, had a melt-down when I told him we mailed it...

I normally try not to give into tantrums... but he truly LOVED this card, it was his FAVORITE thing for a week solid, so I told him I would buy him his own musical card. He decided on the Star Wars card that played Darth Vader's theme music... That was on February 1st. I took this video on Valentine's day...




He still plays with this card daily... and hums Star Wars music almost non-stop. Seriously, that has to be the best $4.99 I ever spent.
-
-
Oh, side note, it was pretty cool walking through Target to the theme music of Star Wars. I felt like I was on an important mission, and people were impressed. I know they may have looked like they thought I was crazy, but deep down they wish they had theme music to shop to, too.

7 comments:

Meredith said...

How could you not get him another one?! Way cute! I suppose it's only a matter of time before my kids start getting that into something....

Meredith said...

and the "not" was supposed to be "NOT", as in: heck yeah, you totally needed to get him another one!

Steph said...

You're so funny Mer, I knew what you meant! It is pretty darn funny hearing that music at random times during the day, I think every home should have one!

Melinda said...

I couldn't help but laugh!! How funny!! Noland is such a character! I think that I may have to get one for my house too....who doesn't need a birthday card singing the "Star Wars" anthem....come on...I would listen to it EVERY DAY!!

(I loved the video!! Too cute!)

Carie said...

I would love music for my shopping . . . I will have to think of what song.

I love how kids are so happy with such simple pleasures.

You've got good kids.

Tonya said...

Steph, this was such a cute post. I love seeing the little items my kids fall in love with. Sometimes they are so random! I loved that video.

Anonymous said...

The card is in the mail!! I just had to listen to it 100 times or so. Sorry I have not been keeping up on this blog thing. It's awsome and will be a regular part of my week from now on. Love PaPa dale