Friday, October 10, 2008

Ancient

"Matt the Moth"



OK, just so you know how truly ancient this is... think really cold weather (not what's coming, what has been) circa, um... January? In my defense, I had saved the "evidence" in my ironing/mending basket to take pics of, it just got buried (side note, I don't love to iron.).



Anyway, last winter, I started noticing frayed edges on some of Matt's shirts, at first it was shirts he'd had (and worn) for a while, so I just though it was form being washed too many times or something. Then I stared noticing it on newer (2 months old or less shirts). Finally a full out hole appeared on one sleeve and I "caught" Matt "sucking/chewing" on his shirt sleeve. Needless to say, I nipped that one in the bud, but not before he'd chewed his way through a few shirts... so frustrating! I'll be on the look-out this year for sure to make sure we don't have a relapse. But who knew my 8 year old was half moth!?!





Exhibit A

"be a-frayed"


Exhibit B

"be very a-frayed"



Exhibit C

"the hole" (sorry this picture didn't turn out great, you have to look really hard to see it...)

Bonus picture


This is what happens when, against your better judgement, you let you kid have fun at the park sliding down the recycled rubber covered hill... In his 2 week old, twice worn Old Navy jean shorts...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like to iron much either. Too much effort. ...the last picture looked like it hurt some. hehe.

Meredith said...

Wow...I totally thought that he had chewed the hole in the jeans before I read what that was actually from! LOL!

Mike and Shelby said...

AT LEAST HE HAD FUN SLIDING DOWN THE HILL, RIGHT?

Do you have a Shopko around you? They have a guarantee on all their kids jeans-as long as they are still carrying the jeans that were ripped, they will replace them no questions asked.

Good to know you don't have REAL moths, though!

Anonymous said...

AHhh Steffy I miss you guys so much! Matt and Nolan are so handsome! That top picture is not my wallpaper on my computer!! I love you guys so much! I was able to read through all these things that are happening and it makes me realize more and more how hard it is to not see you guys all the time. I think about you guys tons upon tons apon tons!! PHIL I MISS YOUR WHITTY REMARKS. YES. I DO.

:D

LOVE YOU TONS BIG SIS!
------Sally K.
<3

Anonymous said...

***correctionnnnn**

(the picture is now my background.. my other comment I some how put 'not' instead of 'now...)

LOVE YOU

------Sally K.