
+
60 years
=

My AMAZING grandparents just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary! We were lucky enough to be present for the festivities.
There was Grandma's great cooking,
(sorry, no picture - we were all too busy stuffing our faces...)
Card games,
& best of all family -

(from back to front l-r Ben, Sis Anna, Uncle Bruce, My Dad's wife Anne, My Dad, Phil, me, Uncle John, Aunt Linda, Grandpa, Grandma, Sis Sarah, Sis Sally, BIL Marc, Nolan, Matt, Niece Tessa & Sis Heather)
Did you get all that? There will be a quiz later...
Oh, and Ben... he's Anna's "friend"
...aren't they a darling couple?
Just think - in a mere 50 years, Phil and I will be celebrating our 60th & remembering what a grand weekend this was!!!
Just think - in a mere 50 years, Phil and I will be celebrating our 60th & remembering what a grand weekend this was!!!
Grandpa & Grandma, I love you so much! Thank you for the awesome example you are to me and everyone around you of love, devotion and selflessness.

(Just so you know, they turned right...)
Happy Anniversary & here's to many more!!! =)










7 comments:
Marvolous post big sis... I couldn't have said it better myself !!!
Congratulations to a warm and loving couple. 60 years of wedded bliss, of love, of sharing lifes ups and downs, of sharing the joys of family, of seeing their children, and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren grow and prosper with their own lives and happiness.
How we all envy them and yet are so happy for them, wanting to share in their joy and happiness and wishing them many, many more years of life and happiness together.
It's only 36 years for us now, so a mere 24 to go. I only hope that Diane and I are just as active and as openly loving at that age as John and Virginia are.
Hmmm, maybe that does answer the song's question, "what's Love got to do with it?" - EVERYTHING!!!
first of all, before I forget...I love the new picture in your header.
Aren't grandparents the best? 60 years is a long time, I love how loving they look in all the pictures-holding hands, kissing and standing so close. It's sweet. What a great reason to clelbrate!
Congratulations to your grandparents!
That's awesome! I LOVE the pictures!
Love the sign on the car. Way to go!
What a great post. I love to hear about couples who have been together like that.
I love your new header picture too from Halloween. You have the cutest kids!
Post a Comment